This site is recommended for families with kids age 8 and up as getting there and away can involve a 3 hour boat ride. Tortuguero National Park is a great place in Costa Rica to encounter wildlife as it consists of a large system of waterways irrigating the majority of the Northern Caribbean area of the country. Because of its remote location and difficult access this pristine rainforest remains virtually untouched and it is home to many animals like sloths, monkeys, crocodiles, toucans, trogons, water birds, colorful frogs and butterflies.
This National Park is also the prime nesting site for the green and leatherback sea turtles from June to October, during which months an optional turtle nesting night tour will be available for an additional cost. Due to its remote location, your lodge rate includes 3 meals/day and some guided tours. Kayaking and fishing are also popular here.
Offered July-September only when sea turtles are active in the area
Recommended for families with children age 8 and up due to long boat rides (3 hrs) and late night turtle viewing.
View full itinerary →
- Day 1: Arrival In Costa Rica – Bienvenidos!
- Days 2-4: Monteverde Cloud Forest
- Days 5-6: Arenal Volcano And Hot Springs
- Days 7-8: Sarapiqui And Tirimbina Rainforest Reserve
- Days 9-10: Tortuguero National Park- Sea Turtles
- Day 11: Head Back To San Jose
- Day 12: Transfer Out – Adios And Gracias!