8 day Rainforest, Volcano, Cloud Forest Tour, June 2012
“We did have a great time!
Here are the highlights of our trip:
- Hiking the Tirimbina Rainforest Reserve which ended with a Chocolate making demonstration. Fun,informative, and Noah loved the tasty homemade samples.
- Rafting the Sarapiqui river. Low key, fun guides and Noah loved it!
- Swimming in the hole of the waterfall La Catarata de la Fortuna.
- Salvatura skywalk was amazing. Dan and Noah also did the zipline.
- Visiting the Trapiche coffee and sugar cane plantation.–recommended by Luis who knew well the guide Jorge (who was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English). Noah made his own candy from the sugar cane juice freshly pressed in front of us. Nice small family plantation.
We enjoyed being in town for the Monteverde portion of the trip. Gave us a chance to walk around a small Costa Rican town, buy a few gifts, chat with the local people (although we were amazed by the number of buses full of US kids–thought for a moment that it was Spring break!!), great ice cream. Last meal was at the Tree House which Noah loved.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip, memorable for the three of us and we came back with 350 photos!! I would definitely recommend your service. In fact, I already have to another family.